Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Creativity and New Media

The example I will be using to show how creativity is fostered through media is with an avatar of myself that I created for another online course at my previous college. The avatar was created through the website called levelfly. Since it was an online course this website became the virtual world where our classroom would be held. When you first start you are given a minimum amount of freedom on how your avatar looks, dresses and the accessories it acquires. As you go throughout the course you get points and badges for the work you do, the more points you get the more options you get in choosing how your avatar looks. You begin to unlock clothing, hairstyles and accessories. This avatar was the representation of myself in a virtual world, my fellow classmates in that course only knew me by how my avatar looked. The website encouraged creativity on how you would like for others to perceive yourself as it gave options to dress your avatar in causal, dress, or career like clothing. Giving options of watches, jewelry, backpacks, briefcases to choose from. The website encouraged efficient work and creativity.

This is the list of options it would give for you to edit and change to your desire:


Here is the actual avatar and overall page view of level, xp points and badges:

2 comments: